Try out these game-changing calzones while you cheer on the Bolts this Sunday!
- 8 ounces Lucerne ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces Lucerne mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 10-ounce package Signature Kitchen frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg plus 2 tablespoons water, for egg wash
- 1 lb premade pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, oil, egg yolk, salt and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and divide into 4 even pieces. Flatten each piece into a 7-inch round on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread 1/4 of spinach filling evenly over half of each dough round.
- Brush the edges with the egg wash and then fold the other half of the dough circle over spinach mixture. Press edges of dough together and pinch with fingers to seal.
- Cut 5 steam vents in top of calzones and brush tops with remaining egg wash.
- Transfer calzones onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, brush with any remaining egg wash, then bake for another 7 minutes.
The next time you prepare for the big game, don’t forget your neighborhood Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions for all your tailgating needs.
Do you have the best tailgate? Use #ChargersTailgate for your chance to be featured as our Tailgater of the Game!
Check out the best tailgates from our Week 12 game against the Arizona Cardinals.