Get ready for the the Chargers next game against the Jaguars with some turkey lettuce wraps!
- 2 Tbsp. Signature SELECT™ extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground chicken or Open Nature™ ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 small can water chestnuts, drained
- butter lettuce, julienned
- Purple cabbage, julienned
- Carrots, julienned
- Green onions, chopped
- Place oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- When hot, add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften
- Add ground meat, salt, pepper and garlic salt
- Cook until browned, crumbled and cooked through
- When meat is cooked, stir in teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, and water chestnuts
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until heated through
- Reduce heat to low until ready to serve
- Serve spoonfuls inside lettuce leaves topped with purple cabbage, carrots, and green onion.
The next time you prepare for the big game, don't forget your neighborhood Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions for all your tailgating needs.
Do you have the best tailgate? Use #ChargersTailgate for your chance to be featured as our Tailgater of the Game!
Check out the best tailgates from Week 9's matchup against the Green Bay Packers.