Cook up these delicious pretzel bites as a gametime snack this Sunday when the Chargers face the Cleveland Browns!
Pretzel Bites Ingredients:
- 1 lb pre-made pizza dough
- 3 quarts water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- Pretzel salt
Cheese Dip Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Lucerne milk
- ¼ beer
- 4 ounces Lucerne cream cheese
- 8 ounces Lucerne cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring the 3 quarts of water to a boil in a small roasting pan over high heat and carefully add the baking soda. It will boil over, so add slowly and be careful!
- Remove the dough and place on a flat surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a long rope. Cut the dough into one-inch pieces to make the pretzel bites.
- Boil the pretzel bites in the water solution in batches for about 30 seconds. Remove with a large slotted spoon.
- Place pretzel bites on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure they are not touching. Brush the tops with the egg wash and season liberally with salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a baking rack and let rest 5 minutes before eating. Serve with cheese sauce.
- To make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in the Lucerne milk and cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the Lucerne cream cheese and Lucerne Cheddar Cheese until smooth and melted. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
The next time you prepare for the big game, don't forget your neighborhood Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions for all your tailgating needs.
Do you have the best tailgate? Use #ChargersTailgate for your chance to be featured as our Tailgater of the Game!
Check out the best tailgates from our Week 5 game against the Oakland Raiders.