Get ready for the Chargers' next game against the Packers with some charged up mac and cheese!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1/4 cup Lucerne® butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Primo Taglio® grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Cup Signature Farms Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Add macaroni and stir.
- Pour into a casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs and bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.
The next time you prepare for the big game, don’t forget your neighborhood Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions for all your tailgating needs.
Do you have the best tailgate? Use #ChargersTailgate for your chance to be featured as our Tailgater of the Game!
Check out the best tailgates from Week 6's matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers.