It's Week 17 and the snacks better be good. These delicious grilled cheesesteak sandwiches are exactly what you need to finish the regular season off strong.
- 1 pound beef ribeye, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 slices Lucerne American or Provolone cheese
- 8 slices Signature Select white bread
- 4 tablespoons Lucerne butter
- Brown the ribeye in the skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and the Worcestershire sauce. Remove from pan.
- Caramelize the onion and bell pepper with the remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Add the meat back in and cook until heated through.
- Spread the butter on one side of each of the 8 slices of bread.
- Add a slice of provolone to all 8 slices, and add the meat to 4 slices
- Close the sandwiches pressing down lightly.
- In a cast iron pan cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
The next time you prepare for the big game, don’t forget your neighborhood Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions for all your tailgating needs.
Do you have the best tailgate? Use #ChargersTailgate for your chance to be featured as our Tailgater of the Game!