*This offseason, we want you to get to know your Los Angeles Chargers a little more off the field
While you may be aware tight end Hunter Henry finished his rookie season tied for the most touchdowns by a tight end (eight), here are five fun facts you likely don’t know number 86. *
- Bag Boy: While many athletes say their first job was playing the sport they now call a career, Henry’s was a little different. “My first job was being a bag boy at a country club. I would pick up people’s bags for them and put them in the carts. I even cleaned the golf carts.” Henry says he’s not that good of a golfer, but had heard the job was cool and the pay for two months of work wasn’t that bad, either.
- Uvula is MIA: “I do not have a uvula!” Before you rush to Google, the body part Henry is talking about the little thing that hangs down the back of your throat. “I got it cut out due to (getting my) tonsils taken out. I always like to say that as a fun fact because it’s kind of weird and people always go,‘What the heck?’”
- Music of the Moment: “My two artists that I’m listening to at the moment are The Chainsmokers and this new guy named NF. He’s a Christian rapper.” If you’re looking to add a couple new songs to a playlist, Henry recommends “Don’t Let Me Down” by the Chainsmokers featuring Daya and NF’s “Therapy Session” or “Wish You Wouldn’t.”
- Hunter the Hunter: When asked about his favorite hobby, Henry said something with an all too familiar ring, hunting. “I like to hunt and fish when I can but more hunting than fishing. I used to do it a lot when I was younger, but haven’t in a while because all the seasons line up with football season. So it makes it tough.”
- Favorite Places to Visit: Though Henry’s home state of Arkansas has lakes, he’s become a huge beach fan. “My favorite places of the moment are Maui or I love, Destin, Florida. I love the beach. Spending a week at the beach is just awesome.” Henry mentioned he grew up going to beaches in Florida hence why he has such an affinity for them.
FIND OUT MORE FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE CHARGERS:
Presenting your 2017 Los Angeles Chargers.