*This offseason, we want you to get to know your Los Angeles Chargers a little more off the field.
While you may be aware linebacker Denzel Perryman is known for being the “hammer” of the Chargers defense, here are five fun facts you likely don’t know about the linebacker: *
- Notable Namesake: Number 52 calls Denzel Washington his favorite actor, but his love for the two-time Academy Award winner goes beyond the screen. “I really am named after him! My parents were supposed to name me Sebastian but (they changed their minds) and voila, Denzel.”
- Family Man: Perryman is the father of “two beautiful daughters”. He loves spending time with his girls, and took adventure of the offseason by flying to Hawaii earlier this offseason.
- Loves the Lanes: “I love bowling! When I was in Miami, I used to do that in the offseason every single day. I just became good at it.” While Perryman has never bowled a perfect, 300, he said his highest score is a 200. He also has perfected his technique to incorporate the perfect spin on the ball.
- Favorite Food: When asked about what food he can’t go without, Perryman didn’t hesitate. He’s a huge fan of chicken wings. “Since I was a kid, I’ve always liked chicken wings. My mom would make whatever she wanted, but I would always want chicken wings.” Besides his mom’s cooking, Perryman is a big fan of wings from Wingstop and Flanigan’s in Florida.
- Moment of Zen: I’ll let Perryman explain one of his favorite things to do in his spare time for himself: “I love to sit at the water and clear my mind. I like to go to the beach and just listen to the waves roll.” Now, you would think that a guy from Florida who moved to the West Coast grew up going to the beach, but Perryman said he actually never liked the beach growing up. “I talked to someone who told me to one day, go out to the beach and relax; let the waves take away all your problems. I did that one day and it was pretty relieving.”
FIND OUT MORE FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE CHARGERS:
Presenting your 2017 Los Angeles Chargers.