Get ready for the Bolts big game against the Lions with these delicious Coney Dogs!
- 1 1/2 pounds Open Nature™ lean ground beef
- 2 cups water, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup Signature SELECT™ ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Lucerne® butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Signature SELECT™ yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- Combine ground beef, water, 1/2 cup diced onions, ketchup, butter, garlic, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, celery salt, and cayenne pepper together in a pot. Mix with a potato masher or spatula over medium-high heat until mixture has a finely ground consistency and begins to bubble, about 10 minutes.
- Bring beef mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and reduces, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook hot dogs in boiling water until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange hot dog buns on a baking sheet.
- Cook buns in the preheated oven until soft and warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place 1 bun on a plate. Place a hot dog in the bun and top with meat sauce. Drizzle yellow mustard and diced onion over the meat sauce. Repeat with remaining hot dogs.
The next time you prepare for the big game, don't forget your neighborhood Albertsons, Vons or Pavilions for all your tailgating needs.
Do you have the best tailgate? Use #ChargersTailgate for your chance to be featured as our Tailgater of the Game!
Check out the best tailgates from our season opener against the Indianapolis Colts.