This offseason, we want you to get to know our players a little more off the field.
While you may be aware defensive tackle Justin Jones was selected in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft, here are five fun facts you may not know about number 91.
1. Former Uber Eats/GrubHub Driver: If you lived in the Raleigh area and ordered food from GrubHub or Uber Eats, chances are you may have had Jones as your driver. "It was different!" Jones said. "It was a waste of my gas and I put some miles on my car, but I made a little money in college from it." He held the gig for about six months meeting some interesting characters along the way, like one lady and her crop of cats. "She had like 30 cats, I kid you not. And I hate cats. When she opened the door, about four of them came out and rubbed up against me."
2. DT by Day, Baker by Night: "I can bake cakes. They're nice. I'm talking about all types of cakes." It's not often you hear that from a player, but Jones was adamant about his baking skills. However, he's more of a box guy (Betty Crocker, to be exact) versus someone who bakes from scratch. Jones' favorite type of cake? Chocolate on chocolate. His favorite part of baking? "Getting to eat it afterwards!"
3. Previous Skateboarder: When he was in middle school, Jones was really into skateboarding. However, his foray into football put the hobby on ice. "I started gaining weight for football and the board wasn't holding up too much. So I had to hang that up." He initially took up skateboarding because the kids in his neighborhood did it.
4. Current Favorite Song: When asked if he has a favorite song he's listening to at the moment, Jones didn't hesitate to share his answer. So what's his current song of choice? "Boo'd Up" by Ella Mai. Jones likes this song because of its chill vibe – and, the singer. "It's smooth. Really smooth. The girl's voice is nice – and she's cute."
5. Avid Gamer: Like many of his teammates, when he's not on the field or studying the playbook, you can find Jones playing games like NBA 2K. He doesn't play with teams, but plays with a player he creates. While he's the self-proclaimed "best at it", Jones unfortunately fell to a couple of his teammates. "I (recently) lost to Derwin (James) and D'Juan (Hines)."