Here are five things you need to know about new quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who recently signed a two-year deal with the Chargers.
1. Name Game: If you watched HBO’s Hard Knocks last year, you probably learned about the conundrum over how to pronounce Tyrod Taylor’s first name. Well, I asked and got the answer straight from the man himself: Ty-rod. Although technically his mom pronounces it Tuh-rod, Taylor said he prefers the hard Y pronunciation.
2. Fashion Forward: It didn’t take long for Chargers fans to know how stylish Taylor is based on what he wore when he signed his contract and was introduced to the media last week. But, being fashion forward is nothing new for the QB. In fact, he was voted one of Sports Illustrated’s Fashionable 50 in 2017 for being the “Most Consistent” and stylish dresser on gamedays. Take a look at some of Taylor’s style below.
From gamedays to fashion shows, browse through some of the QB's most stylish looks.
3. Glasses Line: So we know Taylor has style, but now, you can own a piece of it. He collaborated with the eyeglasses retailer, Frame Genie, to create his own line of glasses for men. There are 12 different pairs in the T2 collection ranging from classic rectangular tortoise styles to red retro aviators.
4. Reunion in L.A.: Part of what led Taylor to signing with the Chargers had to do with the man at the helm – Head Coach Anthony Lynn. The pair was together for two seasons in Buffalo, and coincidentally, those were the most productive of his now eight-year career. “I actually talked to Coach Lynn when (I) first signed,” Taylor said in his introductory press conference. “It was exciting to get back on the phone with him. We've stayed in communication throughout the years with us being away from each other. It was a special time for him when he took over in Buffalo…. He's a perfectionist. That's something that I definitely respected. I took my hat off to him. I definitely appreciate how he handled it. I'm excited to move forward with him as the head coach."
5. Enjoys Giving Back: Taylor has his own foundation named after him, The Tyrod Taylor Foundation, and enjoys being able to use it for the greater good. He served Thanksgiving meals to the Cleveland community with some of his former Browns teammates last year. In December, he held a coat drive at a Cleveland homeless shelter giving away jackets, hats and other winter accessories to provide warmth for those who need it most.