Below are 10 quick-hitting insights entering the Chargers’ Week 10 matchup against the Oakland Raiders:
1) Philip Rivers’ highest quarterback rating of the season came in Week 5 against the Raiders: 22-of-27 for 339 yards and two touchdowns (143.4 rating). He’s had a quarterback rating of over 100 in every game but one this season.
2) Per Pro Football Focus, Rivers’ quarterback rating under pressure is 112.7 – best in the NFL. On play action passes, his rating is a perfect 158.3.
3) Running back Melvin Gordon has 246 more total yards in his first seven games this season than last.
2017: 622 yards from scrimmage, 7 total TDs
2018: 868 yards from scrimmage, 10 total TDs
4) The Chargers’ domination in the second quarter of games continued last Sunday. After outscoring the Seahawks 13-3, they’ve now outscored opponents 79-34 in the second quarter this season.
5) The wide receiver duo of Tyrell Williams and Mike Williams have combined for 10 touchdowns on 40 receptions at the halfway point of the season. Simply put: Every four times they touch the ball, it’s for a TD.
6) Defensive ends Melvin Ingram and Isaac Rochell each have three sacks in their last four games. They each sacked Raiders quarterback Derek Carr in the Chargers’ Week 5 win against Oakland.
7) Desmond King – the Defensive AFC Player of the Week – is the league’s highest-graded cornerback (90.4) entering Week 10, according to Pro Football Focus. In the last three games away from ROKiT Field at StubHub Center, King has 12 tackles, six passes defensed, three interceptions (one a pick-six) and a 32-yard punt return that set up a touchdown.
8) The Chargers have scored an opening-drive touchdown in their last three games after failing to do so in the 22 games prior.
9) After starting the 2017 season 0-4, Los Angeles is 15-5 in its last 20 games.
10) A win Sunday in Oakland would give Los Angeles a perfect 4-0 record since last playing at StubHub Center in Week 5 against the Raiders. The Chargers return to Carson, Calif. in Week 11 (vs. Denver) -- a place where they’ve won seven of their last eight games.