Here are five things you need to know about new center Mike Pouncey, who agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Chargers on Monday.
- Sunshine State to Golden State – After attending high school and college in Florida and being drafted/playing the last seven seasons with the Miami Dolphins, Pouncey is trading Florida for California. He was a three-time Pro Bowler with Miami and played in all 16 games a year ago.
- Seeing Double– Pouncey has an identical twin brother named Maurkice. Like Mike, Maurkice also plays center, but was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010. The pair has faced off only once in their careers, but will meet again this season when the Chargers and Steelers face off in the fall.
- Middle First Name – Pouncey's first name isn't really Mike. It's actually James: James Michael Pouncey. How did he start going by Mike? Let him tell you for himself: "We give our mom a hard time about it all the time because our first names are actually James and LaShawn," he told USA Today in 2012. "We hated those names growing up, so she finally let us start calling each other Michael and Maurkice, and we just stuck with it our whole lives."
- Fan of the Lake Show – Despite growing up in Florida, Pouncey grew up a fan of the Lakers. Additionally, one of his favorite athletes is Kobe Bryant. Now that he's in L.A., he'll probably be making a couple stops to Staples Center soon.
- Favorite Music Artists & TV Network– A few of Pouncey's favorite musical artists include Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy and Plies. Additionally, he lists Discovery Channel as his favorite channel to watch on TV.
Take a look at the players the Chargers have made moves on during free agency.