Here are five things you need to know about new left tackle Russell Okung, who signed a four-year contract with the Charges on Friday.
- Ring Reunion– With his arrival in Los Angeles, Okung is reunited with former Seahawks teammate Brandon Mebane. The pair were a part of Seattle's Super Bowl XLVIII win against the Denver Broncos and Okung earned Pro Bowl honors during that season as well. The tackle is also familiar with Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley, who was the Seahawks' DC during his tenure in the Pacific Northwest.
- Left is Right– Okung is a true left tackle having started all 100 games of his career at the position. During his time in Seattle, he allowed the second-fewest sacks in the NFL among linemen with at least 70 starts under their belts.
- Staying In-Division – The left tackle knows a thing or two about the AFC West after spending his 2016 campaign with the Denver Broncos. He started all 16 games last season – a first for Okung.
- Making Things Greater– Okung and his former Oklahoma St. teammate Andrew McGee started the Greater Foundation in 2016. Greater's mission is to mentor and expose at-risk youth to technology.
- Talkin' Tech– Along with grooming the next generation of tech entrepreneurs, Okung is a techie himself. As a tech investor, he wrote an op-ed earlier this year encouraging his peers to do the same. In addition, he regularly attends tech summits and will be speaking at SXSW's Sports, Tech & Venture Capital Huddle on Saturday, March 11.
The Los Angleles Chargers signed free agent OT Russell Okung to a four-year deal. Take a look at photos from his NFL career thus far.