*This offseason, we want you to get to know our players a little more off the field. *
While you may be aware tackle Sam Tevi was selected in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL Draft, here are five fun facts you may not know about number 69.
- Eight is Enough: Tevi comes from a big family. The tackle is one of eight children, falling fourth in line. “I liked growing up in a big family and hope to have a big family some day. I have five sisters and two brothers. It sucked being outnumbered because the oldest is my first brother and the youngest is my second brother. So I’m surrounded by girls.”
- Favorite Food: Tevi’s favorite food of choice may seem a little atypical, but for him, it’s a cultural delicacy. “I love to eat horse. I’ve eaten it since I was little. It’s a cultural thing with Polynesians, but honestly (when you eat it), you don’t even know it’s horse. It looks like shredded up beef.” As for which part of the horse is edible? Tevi puts it bluntly – “You can eat everything from the head to the toes.”
- When He’s not on the Field…: You can find Tevi chilling or relaxing at home. “I just love to hang out and chill. When I’m not studying the playbook, I’ll be eating, watching movies or spending time at home.” Tevi is a specific fan of comedy and action movies.
- Musical Talent: “I’m not really great at playing it, but I know how to play the ukulele.” As a self-taught player, Tevi said he knows how to play a bevy of songs by reggae artists. Tevi likes playing it because it’s relaxing. He said it’s a good, creative outlet for when he’s bored.
- Favorite Sports (Besides Football): Tevi grew up playing volleyball and rugby. He started playing when he was 12-13 years old and enjoyed them because they helped him stay active. As for the latter sport, he admitted there is a lot of crossover between rugby and football. “There’s a lot. The physical-ness of it and tackling.”