*This offseason, we want you to get to know our players a little more off the field. *
While you may be aware guard Dan Feeney was selected in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft, here are five fun facts you may not know about number 66.
- Caution – Feeney in the Road: While it isn’t a super fun fact, when asked something interesting about himself, Feeney always brings up how he was hit by a car when he was in fourth grade. “My parents were laying concrete so we had a big concrete truck in the street. I saw my friends playing across the street and ran out because I wanted to play with them. Next thing I knew, I got smoked by an SUV.” Don’t worry, Feeney was able to walk away from the incident. His only injury was a case of road rash. The car that hit him on the other hand wasn’t as lucky. “The car had about $5,000 worth of damage. That was eventful for sure!”
- First Job: For his first taste of working life, Feeney helped with the family business. “I worked with my dad and helped him put in AC units and boilers. He’s a fitter by trade so that’s his background.” While he wouldn’t admit if it was his favorite job or not, Feeney laughed. “Honestly, I was just there to lift the heavy stuff!”
- America’s Pastime = Former Pastime: Feeney played baseball for 10 years. His primary positions were first base and pitcher. He said he stopped playing right before high school. “I played t-ball then baseball until pretty much eighth grade. It was my first favorite sport.” Growing up in Orland Park, Illinois, Feeney rooted for the White Sox.
- Favorite Meal: Offensive linemen don’t shy away from good meals, and Feeney’s favorite is steak and potatoes. “It’s my favorite meal in general. I could eat it every day and be good.” Feeney has even grown to making his own variation of the meal saying he can “grill it up” pretty well.
- Fav Film: Feeney’s favorite movie is Guardians of the Galaxy. He has seen the sequel, and while he said it’s good, it didn’t quite live up to the first. “I didn’t know anything about (the first movie) so I went in with an open mind and loved it. The first one, you go in not really expecting anything and it’s like, ‘Oh, this is really funny, too!’ (It also has) an amazing soundtrack.” Lucky enough for Feeney, Disney California Adventure just opened a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. Upon finding this news out, he joked, “Let’s hope there isn’t a weight limit.”