You are here
Five Fun Facts about Forrest Lamp
Chargers News To Your Inbox!
Sign up for the free Chargers email newsletter and stay in the know with all things Bolts.
This offseason, we want you to get to know our players a little more off the field.
- Pregame Superstition Ritual: Lamp admits he is slightly superstitious. To back that up, he admits he listens to the same songs before each game. However, one in particular is his designated hype song. “I’m a big Future guy so I like a couple of the Future songs that are a little bit older. I like ‘March Madness,’ that’s the biggest one. That’s the one I listen to before every game That’s the one I go to.”
- Brotherly Love: “I’m one of four brothers and two of them are twins.” Lamp, the oldest, called growing up in an all-boy home “awesome” and a “dream come true.”
- Landscaper Lamp: The first job Lamp ever held was working for a family friend’s landscaping company in Florida. “I loved it because it was my first job. I mean, I loved the money! I was (in my teens) so any type of money (you get) you’re happy to have. Ten dollars is like $100.” As for Lamp’s tasks, he did anything and everything related to landscaping including weeding, trimming bushes and laying mulch. The experience paid off because Lamp says it’s made him very handy today.
- Fan of the Big Fella: Being that Lamp grew up in Florida, he cites his two NBA teams of choice as the Orlando Magic and Miami Heat. As for his favorite player of all time? Look no further than Shaquille O’Neal. “I played the five spot when I was in high school. I was nowhere near as good as him, obviously! But he was my favorite player.”
- Call of Duty: Because they’re all spread apart, Lamp said one of the ways he stays in touch with his brothers is by playing video games with them. “We’re all really close and it’s one of the ways we can hang out anymore.” Their game of choice? Call of Duty. “We’re a big Call of Duty family. You can talk to each other (while playing). We’re all on the same team so there’s a little bit of team bonding; brotherly bonding. It’s just fun.” While he said there is some trash talking, he admitted his brothers are all better at playing than he is.
FIND OUT MORE FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE CHARGERS: