Chargers Official Site | Los Angeles Chargers - chargers.com
NOTICE REGARDING COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Effective Date: June 9, 2021
The Chargers Football Company, LLC and its affiliates, agents, and service providers (the "Club," "we," "our," or "us") may collect and use personal information, as described below, which may include personal information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and any and all personal information protected under other applicable state and federal privacy laws (collectively, "Personal Information"). This Notice Regarding Collection of Personal Information ("Notice") identifies categories and types of Personal Information we collect from employees, service providers, owners, and officers, and the purposes for which we may use and disclose such Personal Information.
Categories and Types of Personal Information Collected
The Club collects the following categories and types of Personal Information from employees, service providers, owners, and officers:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, and date of birth;
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, role, tier, and title with the Club;
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status;
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information;
- Information of dependents and other individuals, such as full names, addresses, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers ("SSN");
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation;
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and interview notes;
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings;
- Health and safety information, such as your health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, health insurance information, COVID-19 testing information (including test dates and results), symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19, date of COVID-19 vaccination, identification of the vaccine manufacturer, copy of vaccination cards, and dates of vaccination dose administration;
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on the Club's information systems and networks;
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Club office location; and
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks and video surveillance.
Manner of Collection of Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information from you via an electronic portal or in person.
Uses of Personal Information
- We may use or disclose your Personal Information as appropriate:
- To protect the health and safety of our players and staff;
- To monitor, trace, mitigate, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 within the Club, the communities within which we operate, and/or the National Football League ("NFL");
- To study best practices and protocols for the detection prevention, and spread of COVID19;
- To report information regarding COVID-19 to appropriate public health and safety agencies for lawful public health purposes;
- To recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment;
- To conduct background checks;
- To manage your employment relationship with us, including using or sharing your information with service providers for:
- onboarding processes; o timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration; o employee benefits administration; o employee training and development requirements; o the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts; o reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management; and o other human resources purposes
- To manage and monitor employee access to Club facilities, equipment, and systems;
- To conduct internal audits and workplace investigations;
- To investigate and enforce compliance with, and potential breaches of, Club policies and procedures;
- To engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Club;
- To maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance;
- To perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking;
- To administer and maintain the Club's operations, including for safety purposes;
- For marketing purposes;
- To exercise or defend the legal rights of the Club and its employees, affiliates, owners, officers, customers, and service providers; and
- For other purposes permitted or required by law.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Notice from time to time, in which case we will provide you with written notice of such changes.
Contact for More Information
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice or need access to this Notice in an alternative format, please contact Catherine Iste, email@example.com.
CONSENT FOR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
The Chargers Football Company, LLC(the "Club") will collect and process certain personal health information from and about staff for the purpose of understanding the health and safety risks posed by SARS-CoV-2, also known as the "coronavirus" and other permitted purposes described below. SARS-CoV-2 is the virus that causes the disease known as COVID-19. Through this consent, the Club is asking each staff member for permission to collect, use and disclose his/her personal health information as described below.
I authorize (i.e., allow) the collection, use and disclosure of my personal health information, described below, which includes any and all medical information protected under applicable state or federal privacy laws (collectively, "Health Information"). In general terms, I understand that Health Information is health or medical information that identifies me or that could reasonably be used to identify me and includes demographic and other identifiable information.
- How We Collect Your Health Information.
The Club and its affiliates, agents, and service providers (collectively the "LA Chargers," "we," "our," or "us") collect your Health Information from you via an electronic portal or in person.
- What Health Information Is Collected, Used and Disclosed.
Name, address, email, date of birth, employment details (such as your job title, position, role, tier, and title with the Club), date of COVID-19 vaccination, identification of the vaccine manufacturer, dates of vaccination dose administration, a copy of your vaccination card, temperature, COVID-19 testing information (including but not limited to test dates and results), and symptoms related to or that could be associated with COVID-19, that will assist the LA Chargers in understanding the risks to players, staff and the public posed by COVID-19.
- Who Is Authorized to Receive the Health Information.
We will collect your Health Information and may re-disclose it for the purposes described in this consent to the National Football League ("NFL") including the NFL Management Council, authorized vendors and contractors utilized by the NFL and the Club as part of the NFL-NFLPA COVID-19 Protocols, including but not limited to IQVIA, Inc. and Infection Control for Sports ("ICS"), our authorized vendors, including safety consultants and legal counsel, service providers, and others as permitted or required by law.
- Purpose(s) for the Collection, Use and/or Disclosure of Health Information:
The LA Chargers may use and disclose the Health Information that we collect:
To protect the health and safety of our players and staff;
To monitor, trace, mitigate, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 within the Club, the communities within which we operate, and/or the NFL;
To study best practices and protocols for the detection and prevention of COVID-19;
To report information regarding COVID-19 to appropriate public health and safety agencies for lawful public health purposes;
To exercise or defend the legal rights of the Club and its employees, affiliates, customers, and service providers;
For other purposes permitted or required by law.
- Right to Revoke.
I may revoke (i.e., take back) this consent at any time, except to the extent that the LA Chargers has taken any action in reliance on my consent. I understand that if I revoke this consent, it will not have any effect on any uses or disclosures of my Health Information that occurred prior to the LA Chargers receiving my revocation. To revoke, I understand that I must notify the LA Chargers in writing at the following address or email:
- Expiration of Consent.
This consent will remain in full force and effect for one year from the date below, unless I revoke it prior to this time.
- Potential for Re-disclosure.
Health Information collected under this consent may be re-disclosed to others. These recipients may not be required by privacy laws to protect the information, and if so, they may share it with others without my permission.