Why drive an electric vehicle (EV):
- Gas cars are so last century! EVs represent the future for drivers in Los Angeles and across California.
- As an EV owner, you will be doing your part to serve and improve the health of your community by reducing pollution. EVs improve air quality for you, your family, and your neighbors.
- EVs are dependable and reliable. They require almost no maintenance, so you have more time to get to where you need to go instead of waiting on repairs.
- It costs about half as much to charge an EV compared to a gas fueled vehicle, and many L.A. public charging stations are free to use.
- They are a smart investment, and can save you money. EVs provide significant fuel savings compared to conventional vehicles, especially when charged at night or over the weekend with the right rate plan. EVs also have lower operating costs, especially battery electric vehicles, as they do not require oil changes or exhaust system maintenance.
- You can charge your EV at home, at your workplace or at the many public charging stations located across Los Angeles.
- Got a long trip planned? Many electric vehicles now have ranges of up to 200–300 miles per charge.
- EVs are fun to drive, and are packed with the newest technology!
- There are many local, state and federal incentives to help you go EV, including LADWP's "Charge Up LA!" EV rebate program. Visit www.ladwp.com/EV to learn more and how to apply.