Each year the Los Angeles Chargers provide Jr. Chargers Training Camp opportunities to schools and organizations throughout Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties. If you are looking for a fun way to get your students physically active, consider hosting a Camp on your school campus.
What is a Jr. Chargers Training Camp?
- Jr. Chargers Training Camps are a FREE grassroots program for children in grades 2-8, emphasizing physical fitness and positive choices for kids in a safe and fun environment.
- Jr. Chargers Training Camps teach fun NFL skills while getting children outdoors and active.
- Camps are designed for both boys and girls and include a variety of football drills featuring knock-away dummies, ladders and halfback pads just like the Chargers!
- Camps are held on weekdays only, and run year-round.
- Two sessions are offered per day, back to back at each selected location. Each session can accommodate a maximum of 100 participants for a total number of 200 served for the entire day.
- Junior Charger Training camps can be scheduled as 90 or 60 minute sessions. (90 minute sessions are encouraged for the best possible experience.)
- The Los Angeles Chargers will provide water & Gatorade for hydration to all participants of a Jr. Chargers Training Camp.
- To participate, a parent or guardian MUST fully fill out a liability waiver for each participant. Every participant MUST have a signed waiver to in order to participate in a Junior Chargers Training Camp – there are NO exceptions.
- Please note, no Los Angeles Chargers players will appear at the Junior Chargers Training Camps.
Fuel Up to Play 60
Fuel Up to Play 60 focuses on the nutrition aspect of the Play 60 campaign by providing schools and kids alike critical information on the proper way to fuel your body when preparing to start your daily 60 minutes of exercise.
The official NFL Play 60 App is now available! Create an avatar to run, jump & juke your way to a more active lifestyle. You can even collect coins and earn achievements to unlock official NFL team swag!