In honor of the team’s 50th anniversary season, Paul Lowe, the second-leading rusher in AFL history and a Charger from 1960-68, will serve as the Chargers’ honorary captain for tonight’s game. Lowe was inducted into the Chargers Hall of Fame in 1979.
Key information for fans attending games at Qualcomm Stadium:
- The parking lot opens at 3:00 PM and is expected to fill and close by 5:30 PM. Vehicles with pre-purchased parking permits can enter the parking lot five hours prior to kickoff.
- If driving, please research alternative traffic routes. Interstate 15 is the most congested traffic route to Qualcomm Stadium.
- Carpool and arrive early or take the Trolley (www.sdcommute.com).
- Chargers Express Buses are not available during the pre-season. San Diego Transit will continue regular-season Chargers Express service during all weekend home games.
- The Amtrak Pacific Surfliner will make its regularly scheduled trips to San Diego’s downtown Santa Fe Depot. Special service will resume during regular season weekend games only.
- Get to the entry gates by 6:00 PM in preparation for bag inspection and search procedures. Every fan entering Qualcomm Stadium will be subject to a “pat-down” search in an effort to assure a safe and enjoyable game-day experience.
- At the gates, all tickets are scanned to ease entry and deter counterfeit tickets.
- Fans will find the most up-to-date game-day information at www.chargers.com.
- Per City of San Diego ordinance, Qualcomm Stadium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not allowed inside the stadium.
- Glass bottles and containers are not allowed inside the stadium parking lot.
Transportation to the Game
San Diego Transit Chargers Express Bus
Chargers Express buses are not available during the preseason. Service will resume for all weekend regular-season home games.
The San Diego Trolley
The San Diego Trolley is the number-one mode of transportation to the stadium. Fans can ride the Trolley on the Green Line between Old Town and Santee before and after all games. Charger fans will have increased options along the Green Line from the East County, including:
• El Cajon Transit Center (Main St. at Marshall)
• Grossmont Transit Center (8601 Fletcher Parkway at Grossmont Center Dr.)
• Grantville (I-8 at Mission Gorge)
Fans can also pick up the Trolley at:
• Hazard Center (parking is free on Hazard Center’s lower level, corner of Friars Road and Frazee)
• Old Town Transit Center (Pacific Highway at Taylor Street)
The Green Line begins running three hours before kickoff. Buy a $5 Day Tripper pass at ticket vending machines before boarding. Day Tripper passes are also sold in advance at The Transit Store at 1st and Broadway or by visiting the eStore at www.sdmts.com. For more information on the San Diego Trolley, visit www.sdmts.com or call 5-1-1.
Driving to the Game
For fans that must drive to the stadium, they are urged to carpool and arrive early. We strongly encourage fans to arrive at least two hours before game time. As usual, there will be heavy congestion around the stadium and avoid the congestion on Interstate 15 South. Fans traveling south to the stadium are recommended to take 163 South to Friars Road East, or take Interstate 8 to Qualcomm Way which also leads to Friars Road East.
The stadium parking lot opens four hours prior to kickoff. Vehicles with pre-purchased parking permits can enter the parking lot five hours prior to kickoff. The parking lot can be expected to reach capacity and close an hour or more before kickoff.
Overflow parking will be available at the Chicago Title building (corner of Friars Road and Northside Drive), San Diego State University, Mission Valley Marriott Hotel and the Town and Country Hotel. Overflow lots vary in price.
With the parking lot expected to fill early, fans are reminded that tailgating is allowed only in their own parking space. Police will issue citations to fans whose tailgate parties infringe on neighboring parking spaces or parties which block sidewalk and pedestrian areas. Fans are also reminded that glass bottles are not allowed in the parking lot.
Entering the Stadium
Gates to the stadium will open at 5:00 PM. Club seat and luxury suite ticket holders will be admitted beginning at 4:00 PM. In order to be in their seats in time for the 7:00 PM kickoff, fans should arrive at the stadium gates by 6:00 PM.
Gameday…The Right Way!
The Chargers are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion.
Fans who demonstrate inappropriate and disruptive behavior, including the following, are subject to ejection and season ticket holders risk losing their season ticket account and/or parking privileges for:
• Excessive consumption of alcohol
• Obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions
• Fighting, or otherwise dangerous, abusive or profane behavior
• Unruly or inconsiderate behavior
• Indecent exposure or undressing
• Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
• Smoking inside the stadium
• Scalping or other improper resale of tickets
• Interfering with security procedures
• Interfering with the progress of the game, going onto the field or throwing any object onto the field or on the stadium premises.
• Any action warranting eviction and/or confiscation of game tickets by SDPD or stadium security.
Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons using their tickets. Even if season ticket holders give away or sell their tickets to a game, the account holder is accountable for the actions of those using the tickets. Accounts can be forfeited partially or entirely for violations of the Code of Conduct.
Event patrons and guests will be subject to ejection without refund and potential loss of ticket privileges for future games for violations of the Code of Conduct.
The San Diego Chargers and Qualcomm Stadium thank you for adhering to our Fan Code of Conduct. Let’s all enjoy Gameday...the right way!
Fans can report fan conduct issues from their cell phone or mobile device by texting “Boltsfan” (space) your issue and location to 41513. Standard SMS text rates may apply.
As per San Diego Municipal Code, Qualcomm Stadium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited inside all areas of Qualcomm Stadium. There are no longer designated smoking areas inside the stadium. Fans who continue to smoke inside the stadium will be subject to fines and ejection.