You are here
Embed Code #531 (Taboola Head)
Five Things to Know about Kenjon Barner
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:09 PM PDT
Embed Code #31 (Chargers Newsletters Email Article Embed)
Chargers News To Your Inbox!
Sign up for the free Chargers email newsletter and stay in the know with all things Bolts.
- Bringing the Speed – In addition to playing football, Barner was an accomplished track and field athlete at Oregon. His speed is a huge asset for the Chargers’ backfield. He holds Oregon’s single-game rushing record (321) and ranks third in school history in career rushing yards (3,623).
- Yogi at Heart – Barner graduated from Oregon majoring in criminology; however, he needed two electives to complete his degree in 2012. One of the two he took was yoga and has been practicing ever since.
- Welcome to the AFC – Prior to joining the Bolts, Barner spent his time in the opposite conference. He was originally drafted by the Carolina Panthers then traded to the Philadelphia Eagles where he spent the past two seasons. Since entering the league, he’s carried the ball 61 times for 260 yards averaging 4.3 yards per attempt with two touchdowns. In addition, he’s also caught 18 passes for 71 yards and made an impact on the Eagles’ special teams corps as a kick returner.
- SoCal Reunion – Playing for the Bolts means a return to a familiar area. Barner was born in Lynwood, California and grew up in Riverside. He earned MVP honors playing football and basketball for Notre Dame High School in the city.
- Eclectic Pop Culture Tastes – Movies and music know no bounds with Barner. He cites Phantom of the Opera as one of his favorite movies and is also a fan of R&B, country and alternative music
Embed Code #541 (Taboola Body)
Embed Code #536 (Taboola Thumbnail and Links)