You are here
Joint Statement from the Raiders and the Chargers
Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:55 PM PST
Embed Code #31 (Chargers Newsletters Email Article Embed)
Chargers News To Your Inbox!
Sign up for the free Chargers email newsletter and stay in the know with all things Bolts.
- We have both been working in our home markets to find a stadium solution for many years, so far unsuccessfully.
- We remain committed to continuing to work in our home markets throughout 2015 to try to find publicly acceptable solutions to the long-term stadium issue.
- We also both understand and respect the NFL’s relocation process, and we intend to adhere strictly to the relocation procedures that the League has set forth for Los Angeles.
- In particular, we respect the right of the NFL’s owners to decide on all Los Angeles-related relocation issues and understand that any relocation application that is filed for Los Angeles must obtain the approval of three-fourths of the NFL’s owners.
- Both teams have kept the NFL owners’ committee on Los Angeles, and the Commissioner, fully informed about our joint efforts.
- We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.
- In short, for the remainder of 2015, we intend to move down two tracks simultaneously:
- On track one, we will continue to work in our home markets to find permanent stadium solutions that are publicly acceptable.
- On track two, we will work in Carson to preserve our options, and the future economic viability of our franchises, in the event that our efforts in our local markets fail.
- Throughout this process we will respect the rules and procedures set forth by the League and defer completely to the ultimate decision of the NFL’s owners.
Embed Code #541 (Taboola Body)
Embed Code #536 (Taboola Thumbnail and Links)