You are here
Embed Code #531 (Taboola Head)
Chargers Begin Process, Retain Ron Wolf as Consultant
Monday, December 31, 2012 10:29 AM PST
Embed Code #31 (Chargers Newsletters Email Article Embed)
Chargers News To Your Inbox!
Sign up for the free Chargers email newsletter and stay in the know with all things Bolts.
The San Diego Chargers today established the following process that will lead to the hiring of both a new general manager and a new head coach: Read
- Chargers President Dean Spanos has retained Ron Wolf, the former Green Bay Packers General Manager, as a consultant to advise the Chargers throughout the general manager and head coach hiring process.
- Spanos and Wolf will be joined by longtime Chargers executives Ed McGuire and John Spanos on the four-person working group that will be responsible for conducting all general manager and head coach interviews. The new general manager will join the process in the interviews for the new head coach.
- Throughout the interview process the Chargers will not be releasing or commenting upon the names of potential interviewees. This is because some job candidates are still employed by NFL teams participating in the upcoming playoffs, and the Chargers will keep the names confidential so as not to cause a distraction for those teams and job candidates.
- The goal of the interview process is to hire a general manager first, and then a head coach to follow, although the working group will remain as flexible as necessary to attract the best possible candidates for both positions.
- The hiring process will begin immediately, with the Chargers today beginning to seek permission from NFL playoff teams to begin speaking with candidates employed by those teams.
Embed Code #541 (Taboola Body)
Embed Code #536 (Taboola Thumbnail and Links)