You are here
Show More Events
Sun., Jul. 19, 2015 7:30 AM PDT
Registration is now open for the 5th Annual Kaiser Permanente Bolt to the Q!
Tue., Nov. 24, 2015 10:00 AM PST
The Chargers and the San Diego Blood Bank are gearing up once again for one of the community’s longest running and most successful life-...
Micheal Spurlock named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week
Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:25 AM PST
Punt returner-wide receiver Micheal Spurlock of the San Diego Chargers is the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for games played the 16th week of the 2012 season (December 22-23), the NFL announced today.
- Spurlock returned four punts for 107 yards, including a 63-yard punt-return touchdown in the Chargers’ 27-17 win at the New York Jets. Spurlock also added four kickoff returns for 66 yards (16.5 average) and one special teams tackle.
- His 173 total KR yards were the most in the NFL in Week 16
- Spurlock’s PR-TD was the first by a Charger since Darren Sproles in 2009.
- He registered the first punt-return touchdown against the Jets since Phillip Buchanon did it for Oakland on November 9, 2003 (78 yards).
- In his fifth season from Mississippi, this is Spurlock’s third career Special Teams Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in 2009 (Week 16) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- He is the first Charger to win Special Teams Player of the Week since Richard Goodman in 2011 (Week 17).