You are here
Sun., Jul. 19, 2015 7:30 AM PDT
Thu., Jul. 30, 2015 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM PDT
Fri., Jul. 31, 2015 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM PDT
Key information for fans attending Oakland Raiders vs. San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium
The San Diego Chargers 2012 season will end as it started when the Bolts face their intra-state rivals, the Oakland Raiders, on Sunday, Dec. 30 at Qualcomm Stadium. Kickoff is set for 1:25 p.m. PST.
- The parking lot opens at 9:00 AM. Vehicles with pre-purchased parking permits can enter the parking lot five hours prior to kickoff. The parking lot can be expected to reach capacity by 11:00 AM.
- If driving, please research alternative traffic routes. Interstate 15 is the most congested traffic route to Qualcomm Stadium.
- Carpool and arrive early or take the San Diego Trolley. An MTS Regional Day Pass is only $5 for unlimited rides all day. Visit www.sdmts.com or www.sdcommute.com
- For overflow parking information, call 619-641-3186 or visit /tickets/stadium/directions-and-parking/overflow-parking.html
- Gates C & J will open at 10:00 AM for all ticketed guests.
- VIP Gates for Club Seat and Luxury Suite holders open at 10:00 AM at Gates B and H.
- All gates to the stadium open at 11:30 AM. Please arrive early in preparation for bag inspection and search procedures. Everyone entering Qualcomm Stadium will be subject to a screening procedure before entering the stadium in an effort to assure a safe and enjoyable game-day experience. All tickets are scanned to ease entry and deter counterfeit tickets.
- In order to be in their seats in time for kickoff, fans should arrive at the stadium gates by 12:00 PM.
- To expedite your way through the process, we strongly suggest that all items be clearly visible, have all items including keys and cell phones removed from your pockets and use clear or see-through bags to carry items in. Avoid carrying backpacks or large bags with multiple pockets.
- Metal or plastic objects with sharp points are not allowed. This includes metallic head ware and costume accessories.
- Umbrellas are not allowed inside the stadium. Rain is expected on Sunday morning, please be sure to bring a rain-proof jacket or poncho.
- All alcohol sales will be limited to one drink per person, per transaction. All alcohol sales end at the start of the third quarter.
- Per City of San Diego ordinance, Qualcomm Stadium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not allowed inside the stadium.
- Glass bottles and containers are not allowed inside the stadium parking lot.
- Fans can report fan conduct issues from their cell phone or mobile device. Call or text 619-641-5151. Message and data rates may apply.
Transportation to the Game
The San Diego Trolley
The San Diego Trolley is the number-one mode of transportation to the stadium. Fans can ride the Trolley on the Green Line between Old Town and Santee before and after all games. Charger fans will have increased options along the Green Line from the East County, including:
- El Cajon Transit Center (Main St. at Marshall)
- Grossmont Transit Center (8601 Fletcher Parkway at Grossmont Center Dr.)
- Grantville (I-8 at Mission Gorge)
Fans can also pick up the Trolley at:
- Hazard Center (parking is free on Hazard Center’s lower level, corner of Friars Road and Frazee)
- Old Town Transit Center (Pacific Highway at Taylor Street)
The Green Line begins running three hours before kickoff. Buy a $5 Day Pass at ticket vending machines before boarding. Commemorative Day Passes are also sold in advance at The Transit Store at 1st and Broadway and at the Chargers Team Store at Qualcomm Stadium, Gate G. For more information on the San Diego Trolley, visit www.sdmts.com or call 5-1-1.
Board Our Bus (BOB) offers eco-friendly ticket packages for all preseason and regular season home games. Select from three levels of ticket packages that include game ticket, luxury roundtrip motorcoach transportation and food and beverage credit at participating restaurants. Ticket packages can be purchased online in advance at www.ridebob.com.
Sports Fan Express
The Sports Fan Express is available for all Chargers home games from five convenient Park & Ride locations in San Diego. Visit www.GoBoltsBus.com for more information and to reserve your seats in advance.
North County Express Coach
Fans in North County can take the Go Chargers North County Express Coach with departure routes from Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Escondido and Temecula for all eight regular season home games. Click here for more information.
Amtrak California SM
Leave the traffic behind and ride the train to the game. It is a convenient and relaxing travel alternative. On board, the SeaView Café offers affordable sandwiches, fresh salads, snacks, sweets, as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. You can also surf on-line with free Wi-Fi®.
Click here for additional details and reservations to ride the Pacific Surfliner to the game.
North County Fans can now COASTER to all Sunday Home Games! Coaster trains depart the Oceanside station Sunday with stops at all stations along the way before arriving at the Old Town Transit Center where fans can transfer to the Trolley Green Line to continue on to Qualcomm Stadium.
The $14 Region Plus Day Pass is sold at all Coaster Ticket Machines and provides round-trip travel on both the COASTER and the San Diego Trolley. For more information and a schedule of departures times from all COASTER stations, visit www.GoNCTD.com.
Fans are strongly urged to carpool to games! Plan your carpool this season by visiting www.iCommuteSD.com.
Driving to the Game
For fans that must drive to the stadium, they are urged to carpool and arrive early. We strongly encourage fans to arrive at least two hours before game time. As usual, there will be heavy congestion around the stadium and avoid the congestion on Interstate 15 South. Fans traveling south to the stadium are recommended to take 163 South to Friars Road East, or take Interstate 8 to Qualcomm Way which also leads to Friars Road East.
The stadium parking lot opens four hours prior to kickoff. Vehicles with pre-purchased parking permits can enter the parking lot five hours prior to kickoff. The parking lot can be expected to reach capacity and close an hour or more before kickoff.
Overflow parking will be available at the Mission City Corporate Center (2365 Northside Dr., adjacent to the stadium), San Diego State University, Mission Valley Marriott Hotel and the Town and Country Hotel. Overflow lots vary in price. For more overflow information, click here.
This alternative tailgate area is ideal for families, friends and individuals who choose to tailgate without featuring alcohol at their party. The Chargers, in cooperation with Qualcomm Stadium, Ace Parking and the San Diego Police Department are offering this parking location to all guests as a reserved permit parking area. Permits can be purchased in advance, on a seasonal basis, for only $20 per game. To purchase, call the Chargers ticket office at (619) 281-PARK.
Stadium Parking Lot
With the parking lot expected to fill early, fans are reminded that tailgating is allowed only in their own parking space. Police will issue citations to fans whose tailgate parties infringe on neighboring parking spaces or parties which block sidewalk and pedestrian areas.
Fans are also reminded that glass bottles are not allowed in the parking lot. Tailgate parties which provide catered food service or furnishes a keg must provide proof of liability insurance and obtain a permit from the stadium in advance. Throwing of objects, selling of items, riding on scooters/skateboards/rollerblades and amplified music and excessive noise which may cause a disturbance is prohibited by the City of San Diego.
Updates via Twitter
Follow @chargersgameday on twitter for traffic, trolley, and parking lot updates.
For the comfort and safety of everyone, bottles, cans, coolers and large bags are not permitted inside the stadium. Carried items are limited based on a size restriction of 12”x12”x12” and at the discretion of event staff. All items are subject to search or may not be admitted.
Any object that can be considered or used as a weapon is not allowed inside the stadium. Objects with sharp edges or tips, including all metal and hard plastic costume accessories, are not allowed inside the stadium. Helmets and plastic head wear are allowed providing the item does not resemble the definitions above.
Other items that are prohibited from entering the stadium include, but are not limited to: sticks, inflatable objects, laser pointers, flammable objects, stun guns, fireworks, lawn furniture, spray bottles, sports bottles, beach balls, frisbees, musical instruments, boomerangs, knives, mace and pepper spray, chains, balloons, sports balls, water guns, roller blades, skates, scooters, noise making devices and umbrellas.
Entering the Stadium
Gates to the stadium will open at 11:30 AM. Club seat and luxury suite ticket holders will be admitted beginning at 10:00 AM. In order to be in their seats in time for kickoff, fans should arrive at the stadium gates by 12:00 PM.
Gameday…The Right Way!
The Chargers are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion.
Fans who demonstrate inappropriate and disruptive behavior, including the following, are subject to ejection and season ticket holders risk losing their season ticket account and/or parking privileges for:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions
- Fighting, or otherwise dangerous, abusive or profane behavior
- Unruly or inconsiderate behavior
- Indecent exposure or undressing
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
- Smoking inside the stadium
- Scalping or other improper resale of tickets
- Interfering with security procedures
- Interfering with the progress of the game, going onto the field or throwing any object onto the field or on the stadium premises
- Any action warranting eviction and/or confiscation of game tickets by SDPD or stadium security
Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons using their tickets. Even if season ticket holders give away or sell their tickets to a game, the account holder is accountable for the actions of those using the tickets. Accounts can be forfeited partially or entirely for violations of the Code of Conduct.
Event patrons and guests will be subject to ejection without refund and potential loss of ticket privileges for future games for violations of the Code of Conduct.
The San Diego Chargers and Qualcomm Stadium thank you for adhering to our Fan Code of Conduct. Let’s all enjoy Gameday...the right way!
Fans can report fan conduct issues from their cell phone or mobile device. Call or text 619-641-5151. Message and data rates may apply.
As per San Diego Municipal Code, Qualcomm Stadium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited inside all areas of Qualcomm Stadium. Fans who continue to smoke inside the stadium will be subject to ejection.