You are here
Sun., Dec. 04, 2016 1:25 PM to 4:25 PM PST
Sun., Dec. 04, 2016 4:26 PM to 6:00 PM PST
Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 8:00 AM to 9:59 AM PST
Philip Rivers Finalist for FedEx Air NFL Player of Week Honors
Chargers News To Your Inbox!
Sign up for the free Chargers email newsletter and stay in the know with all things Bolts.
The NFL announced today that quarterbacks PHILIP RIVERS of the San Diego Chargers, JAY CUTLER of the Chicago Bears and ANDREW LUCK of the Indianapolis Colts are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 1-5, while running backs DOUG MARTIN of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, ADRIAN PETERSON of the Minnesota Vikings and ISAAC REDMAN of the Pittsburgh Steelers are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners, FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team’s city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists: Read
- San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers completed 18 of 20 passes for a completion percentage of 90%, he threw for 220 yards and two scores as the Chargers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 31-13.
- Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler threw three touchdowns, going 19 of 26 for 229 yards as the Bears beat the Tennessee Titans 51-20.
- Indianapolis Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck completed 30 of 48 passes for 433 yards and two touchdowns in the Colts’ 23-20 win over the Miami Dolphins. Luck’s 433 yards set the record for single game passing yardage by a rookie.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists: Read
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie RB Doug Martin gained 251 yards on 25 carries and scored four touchdowns in the Buccaneers’ 42-32 victory over the Oakland Raiders.
- Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson rushed for 182 yards on 17 carries and scored twice in the Vikings’ 30-20 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
- Pittsburgh Steelers RB Isaac Redman picked up 147 yards on the ground on 26 carries and one score in the Steelers’ 24-20 win against the New York Giants.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx is proud to sponsor the 10th annual Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week program. The awards highlight superior on-field performance among the league’s top-performing quarterbacks and running backs, while supporting small business efforts and providing business solutions that matter to fans and customers alike. Follow FedEx on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @FedExDelivers. Read